How to call JSON-RPC web service from windows phone 7

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Hello Guys,

I am working on Windows Phone 7 and try to implement JSON-RPC web service in the apps. I have created JSON-RPC web service. I am trying to call web-services using HTTP POST method but not able to call web service. Could any body please help, how to call JSON-RPC web service from windows phone 7. I am using like following details :

URL : hellotest.xyz.com/handler.ashx

Method name : AdminDetails

Parameter : { "modify_date" : "", "type" : "show" }

Please anybody let me know how to call JSON-RPC web service using WP7 and what will be the exact url, so I can check the same with browser.

Thanks a lot.

Pradipta Nilav Saha

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Edited Dec 19, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Are you hosting it in asp.net?

If so, did you do everything here?

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:32 AM

Hello Austin,

Thanks for your quick response.

I already hosting the web-service on our server. And I want to call the service using my Windows Phone 7 application. Could you please let me know how can I call the same with method name and parameter, below are the details which I want to use as a request

URL : hellotest.xyz.com/handler.ashx

1)

Method name : AdminDetails

Parameter : { "modify_date" : "", "type" : "show" }

2)

Method name : UserInsertion

Parameter : { "first_name" : "pradipta", "last_name" : "saha", "address" : "india", "phone" : "123456789", "type" : "add" }

Please anybody help and let me know, how to call JSON-RPC web service using Windows Phone 7.

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM

You could either make a get request like:

hellowtest.xyz.com/handler.ashx?jsonrpc={"method":"AdminDetails","params":{ "modify_date" : "", "type" : "show" },"id":1}

Or make a POST to hellowtest.xyz.com/handler.ashx with a content of:

{"method":"AdminDetails","params":{ "modify_date" : "", "type" : "show" },"id":1}

Example of creating Get/Post requests : http://jsonrpc2.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/20538#282775

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I will steal/hijack/borrow this thread for my selfish purposes.

Mr. Harris,

Could you please provide a little example what needs to be configured to use GET requests. By this I mean: web.config, Global.asax and anything else needed.
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM
If you follow the ASP.net example here http://jsonrpc2.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Getting%20Started%20%28ASP.net%29&referringTitle=Documentation
, that example supports get requests.

In your web.config handlers section the verb needs to allow 'get' or all ''. In the example it is set to all ''.
then your get request will be made to the handler as configured in your web.config.

Let me know if that gets you up and running.